About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Monday, June 2, 2008

My Village Festival...











A village in Ganjam district of Orissa goes by name "Kukudakhandi"... Every 5 years, there is a custom of celebrating village Goddess here in this village... It is being celebrated very pompously and largely... Lot of people come to see this festival... Relatives, Friends, Near and dears are of no exception... All get some time from their busy schdule and never miss to be in village for this grand occasion...
2008 came after 5 years of last celebration in 2003. Same spirit among village people, same enthu to do the festival and what not... All assembled in village without fail... Each street were lighted heavily, glorified with a big stage of spiritual plot, tremendous art work and light settings... Looked like all the families in the village were having Marriage celebrations in their houses... Houses were colored with new look, lit by brightest color lights and decorated well inviting their relatives and friends... What an atmosphere it was...
I am sure, the spectators would have wished the next festival to come in next year, not after 5 long years ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.