About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nostalgia ...

From day 1 of my blogging, I have been thinking to write something on my college days, but I always start typing a few sentences and feel that I am missing something out here. Sometimes, lots of thinking go in my mind that I would think it would be a very long post if I pen down all that, but never ever I could do that. May be the thirst of completing it perfectly is not gone yet, so could not catch the start of it. Then, my second mind says, come on, you have experienced this… and you are not writing something that you need to create before penning down…just write what you have experienced… how did it go…how you miss those days…So with all my patience put together to write this, here I go…

Passed my college life, started struggling for a job, (BTW, it was not that stringent struggle, but can be termed so)...Time passed… got a job… really brought a lot of happiness for me and for my family too that were eagerly waiting for that stage of me, may be more than me. Met new people there and life was totally new there. (I cannot forget those days in my first company. will write more on this in another post… this place is reserved for something else)…

I was talking about my college days, 3 years before my job life. My life was totally different then, I was kind of shy guy not caring of others… did not know what a friend is and what life outside home is… Mention not, that was for the first time, I was about to stay in a hostel far from my home and family…I was feeling very uncomfortable there as I was too reluctant to make new friends… I was kind of thinking that the whole world is just opposite to me… Will they accept me as I am? Can I be a friend of them? Lots of questions were creating waves in my little mind…

Days passed and I started making new friends. Every person I saw had something unique, that I can learn. Initially there was some language problem as most of them were talking in Hindi, and I was not that good in that language. But, things became clear day by day. I think, more than me, they started believing on me… Then the wave of belief changed my thinking on the same word... I started believing others.. I thought, may be I could learn something from those guys.. I have something missing that the other guys had… thereby; I could be a friend and learn those things from those…

I came to know that to survive in this world; you need to know lot of things that I was literally unaware of. The spirit of friendship flew through my blood… I respected that relation more than all… I learned, that is the only relation that you can have faith on… and that relation can change you completely… Well, the change depends on the way you want to drive it… Well, for me, it was a good experience to get along with so many new friends.. Life was too happy that I cannot describe here other than telling that, all days were passing without my notice. . too good were those days… I always wished, I could be among them forever…

But the final day came… We had to leave… did not know who will go where and what will they do after going from college… Everybody had a strange feeling… We all gathered together, Everybody were asked to speak something.. Lot of friends told a lot… but, in my mind, I was feeling something else… I was feeling like I am loosing something valuable from my life… did not know whether I will get these type of environment again and friends like these… I felt like a looser and I wished if I could stop them, I could explain them what they meant to me. My turn came, and I could not speak anything…although, I wished to tell a lot… I was really upset and the moisture in my eyes told all that I wanted to tell…. I was listening to all of them telling the line “Be in touch…”, but I was thinking, there is a lot of difference in “Being actually there” and “Being in touch”….

Gone are those days… But, still when I am alone, I go over all the past memories that I carry from there .. I can never forget that memory in my life time… I am still “in touch” with all my friend as far as I can, but I really miss “Being actually there” ….

1 comment:

sugandha said...

It always nice to read the blog/article about the college days. I must say that your blogging always force people to go them in their flash back memories :). Its so touchy & realistic. Just wanna request that whereever we go, whatever time we face, whatever feelings comes, in whatever situation we (Pramod & Sandhya) were, Please "Be in touch". Thankyou !!