About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Monday, May 21, 2007

The art of "Forgetting" ...

Problems do come to everybody and I am not an exception to that ... Now, there could be many ways to resolve them. Something bad happened to me and I am remembering all these stuff to give more fire on that ... I know, I am doing wrong ... Well said by someone, "An idle brain is the devil’s workshop" ... So, I got to forget these things ... And, I am in the voyage of that ...

Forgetting is the key. While one does not entirely forget, the action is simply dissolved into the formlessness - the sea of forgetfulness - along with other memories, which emerge as and when needed. On the one hand, I am the source of every obstacle; while on the other hand, I am the solution to every problem.

Now, the question is "How do I practise the art of forgetting?". And the simple and great answer to this is "Stay in present ...". So, I fill every moment with 100% of my presence.

If I am working, I am focused 100%.
If I am in silence, I am in silence 100%.
If I am deep in thought, I am thinking 100%.
If am writing, I am 100% focused on what I am writing about.

I move from action to action, moment to moment; forgetting the last moment and delving into the new moment. Some actions last for 1 moment while others last a thousand moments, it all depends. When I am fully in the moment doing whatever brings me joy, there is no room to fret and create chaos that would make me sick or anxious or whatever.

The other day, I was bit anxious of something, that made me little sad too; then, I asked myself, "Hey, What is going on? Where are you ? What are you thinking about ?" Can't you forget this ?? My Inner Voice reminded me "When you are not fully present, you experience a sense of lack. When you are fully present, there is no room for lack. As the outer and inner are one, the fullness of who you are is created in the outer. There is therefore no need to worry about a thing as you know that all is well..." And here, I am again, on the same journey with all my courage taking the first step...

For me, being in the present, experiencing all that I am in every moment, is my way of forgetting... And, that is "The Solution" to most of my problems ...

2 comments:

camilo mirosevic said...

Hello, good post.
live every moment 100%
greetings.

Chinmaya said...

@ Camilo Mirosevic
Greetings. Thanks.