About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Journey back from home...

After spending one week at village (Celebrating village festival), it was the time to come back to my work place. Train was sceduled to reach station at 9:10 AM and leave by 9:15 AM.
Hello ... When is Chennai mail train arriving today?
9:50 AM
Is it late ?
Yes.............
That was the response I got when I called railway enquiry... So started bit late from home and reached hy 9:20AM at the station. Was waiting for the announcement of my train... 3 trains passed on that track, still there was no news of my train... Finally at 11:10 AM, it arrived and started by 11:15 AM (So exactly 2 hours late journey it was...)

17 hours long journey it was ... I had 2 things with me for time pass. 1. Novel "Talkative man" by R.K.Narayanan and 2. MP3 player . After sitting idle for sometime, I started with option 1. I took the novel and started from page-21 from where I had left before. Went till 34 page, but did not feel like going more than that... Then opted 2nd option.. Started MP3 player.. Random songs started playing ...

Soothing voices in my ear... What a feeling... Luckily, all my favourite songs (Slow music) came in line, all songs reminding some past moments in my life... For some songs, I remembered my college life, for some my Bangalore Honeywell life, for some my US stay period and for some Chennai KLA-Tencor life... Wow, in one train journey I went through all the experiences of my life through those songs... Thanks to the MP3 player...

Sometimes it feels good to involve oneself in his/her past... Remembering all the happy moments and sad moments and how we passed (or, forgot) those... And the good feeling becomes better, when we are alone and it just comes into mind through some music as it came in my case...

A lonely journey it was ... But I enjoyed being in my past life through those songs...

No comments: