About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Monday, January 4, 2010

Am I writing a book?

Well, “Am I writing a book”, rather, “Am I really going to write a book” is a question to myself. For the readers, assume that this post is telling, “I am going to write a book!”… And to my friends, when I threw this idea, comments flew from different directions with different thoughts and here they go:

Aditya:

Yeh sab chakkar mein mat raho… (Don’t be in this fantasy…). Yeh pyar, mohabbat mein mat pado, jaldi se ek ladki dekho and shaadi karlo (Don’t be in this love, find a girl soon and get married!)

Anil:

“Abbey pehle to kitab ka naam sochle… Waise tu kya likhega? Sab sach likhna hai, agar tum tumhare baare mein likh rahe ho!” (First think of the name of the book. By the way, what are you going to write there? Write all truth if you are going to write about yourself!)

Deepa:

I know you can do it. I want to see your name as author of some book. And please do not write your nickname as the author name, I won’t be able to guess whether that is you… Well, what are you going to write the book about?

"Love, Friendship and Leadership" I said.

“Leadership?, Interesting.. I know you can do it, but your book will not be as famous as Chetan Bhagat’s as you are not romantic and I think, you cannot write lots of romantic suttfs…" She said

And to that I agreed sarcastically…

Deepika:

Good yaar (Friend), I know tum likh sakte ho, itna accha jo blogging kar lete ho… (You can write it, as you do good blogging)… One thing, once you are through, show me that first, I want to read that first… To that, I said, may be you can be the first editor to that book...

Latha:

Which language will that book be in?

“English, obviously…” “What, are you thinking I am going to write in Tamil?”

“No no”, we have been just talking about Tamil language and you suddenly told that you are going to write a book… (Well, she was unaware that I always run two threads when I talk. And in this case, the threads were running in two different languages, Tamil and English!)

Yes, the language is English and madam, I am just thinking of this… And you need to wait for 1 year to see if this is true…

Prasad:

No comments. (I think he could not digest what I have been telling to him). May be he was thinking, Chinu and book, usko apne office ke kaam se furusat milta hai, jo who kuch karega…(Does he get time from his official work that he will do something else?...)

Surya:

Very good … I think same thinking process was going through his mind as Prasad’s when he said so…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Book name would be- "Advantage of Positive Thingking"..i think you are the right person to write this book...:)

Priya said...

Hi Chinu,

Good to know that you are preparing yourself as an author :)

My best wishes.

Give me the copy, I will do the proof read :)