About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Sunday, May 24, 2009

It’s gone (My USA Course Story…)

When life gets better of me, I turn to God for help and most of the time He seems to be there. But I know to the extent to which I should seek help from Him. From the inside of my heart, I hear, "Don’t you think, it’s too much to ask this from Him? He has lots to do other than listening to your problems." I come to my real senses and still ask for a little less and most of the time, that little less goes in favour of somebody else with whom I associate my sad story...

That day was entirely different, I asked for somebody else. God, please save Rohan (Name changed). I did not have any problem if I do not get a certificate from an USA University, but somehow, I had the feeling that it was an important thing for Rohan. God neither helped me nor Rohan. The day was really a sad day for me thinking about him.

We started a course from one USA University, took online recorded lecturers, stayed late night at office to complete assignments and to submit them on-time. Lots of group activities, dividing the work, explaining others any doubts if they had, brain-storming lot of things for a project that we did for that course... and lot more... Everything was good, we were getting good marks in the assignments and that kept us going further with the great pace that we had with the course... We had final exams and there we had in 2 sections; one in-house and one take-home. We did well in in-house exam without much preparation as we were busy in our daily office work. All the things changed as if a big storm came and took away all the hopes we had out of this course when our take-home part was corrected. Coincidentally my answer got matched with Rohan 's answer and it caught Professor's eyes. He asked us to withdraw from the course...

This issue went to office management; they had a couple of mail exchange with the professor and had a talk too. Final decision was to quit from the course and to agree that we did copy of each other's answer (Though we did not mention that in the mail that we sent for quitting the course!).

A sure green looking path went to dead-end. We could not complete our journey; the journey, for which we were so excited, so prepared and for which we were working so hard. Life is a great teacher. It teaches a lot in its due span of time. Things change and we move on. I told myself "This is not the end of life, I may get many more similar things in future, so nothing to worry, keep going"...

No comments: