About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The walk...

For last few days it has been raining heavily in Chennai and everywhere it is muddy and muddy; maybe because Chennai roads were never prepared for this kind of sudden and heavy rain. After such days of heavy rain, one early morning I was finding difficult to walk across a road that comes in my regular morning walk. When I saw from a distance, it looked that I can not make it that day without getting my shoes muddy and wet; a mission impossible with the strict restriction that I should not make my shoe or my trouser wet and muddy. Then, I applied the law of local optimum; I stopped looking to the end of the road. I said, let me cross one step, by jumping on a small place that is not so much muddy to make my shoes muddy. So I started hopping from one end to another on the road and finally, hurray, I had completed the mission. I said, wow, why can not this be used in real life. EVerytime, I get a project or feature, I say, it is too big, will I be able to handle or take care of this? But things happen in its own course of time. Maybe, I should start applying the law of local optimum; instead of worrying too much for the final destination, I should break it into smaller milestones that could be realized and achieved. The total distance that I may have travelled that day could be more than the usual distance I would have covered if that was not a muddy road. Nevertheless, instead of worrying too much at the initial stage, I thought it was real cool and wise to walk a little more distance and to reach the destination. To solve a complex problem, we need to break into many simpler problems and then tackle each of them which is a lot easier process to accomplish...

1 comment:

Akshitaria said...

you should really try the muddy lane in my block, you'll have a second thought about applying your philosophy then~~~~Just Kiddin ;)