About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Facts about India ...

Surprise! Today I was browsing through the books in the nearest book store here in Milpitas, CA, USA and came across a book which looked interesting and I grabbed the book; mainly because of its low price and eye-catching title. The title of the book goes as "WHY we want YOU to be RICH". Back to my hotel room, when I flipped through the book, I rested on page-57 and on one line which read as, "India is important to our future" ! I was surprised to see that line in a book written by DONALD TRUMP and ROBERT KIYOSAKI. Being curious, when I just glanced on the previous page, it listed few facts about India and I am proud to list those points here for the readers of this post:
  1. India is the world's largest, oldest continuous civilization.
  2. In the last 10,000 years, India has never invaded any country.
  3. India is the world's largest democracy.
  4. India is one of the few countries in the world that gained independence without violence.
  5. The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 6,000 years ago.
  6. Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages.
  7. India was the richest country on earth until the 17th Century, when the British invaded.
  8. Chess was invented in India.
  9. India invented the number system. Albert Einstein said, "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made."
  10. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus originated in India.
  11. The value of "pi" was first calculated by the mathematician Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Phythorean Theorem. He discovered it in the 6th Century, which was long before European mathematicians.
  12. India is the largest English-speaking nation in the world.

Now, are you proud to be an Indian? I do... [:)]

2 comments:

Muthukumar said...

Yes I am proud too :)

sugandha said...

Yes, I am proud 2 b an Indian.Ofcourse for the above mentioned reasons as well as the two new reasons are:
(1) We have an Indian Professor of Economics in Harvard... She is only the Third Indian to have reached that position in that univ.!
(2) India Develops World’s Cheapest Tablet http://blogs.forbes.com/velocity/2010/07/23/india-develops-world%E2%80%99s-cheapest-tablet-35/

'JAI HIND'