About Me ...

My photo
Chennai, TN, India
I am a Software Engineer since Aug 2004. Master of own space, Fun loving but within a limit, hate pulling other's leg, twinkling brain thinking of surroundings, blend of culture and sanskar, priest of music, always ready with a helping hand and a smiling face, Mr Attitude for people who deserve it, but a true and great friend for my friends ...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Guiding Souls ...

Guiding souls… is another book by our Prez Dr Kalam with Arun Tiwari. I am in the process of reading this book; but being tempted by the inner thougths that were lying, I could not resist myself without posting a blog. So here it goes ...

In these few pages I have read, I came to know lots of things about lots of things. Let me put some highlights on those ...

Kalam’s philosophy of life is seen in each and every line of the book.

“You are neither earth,water,fire, air and not even ether. Know yourself as consisting consciousness, the witness of these 5?.-Says Astavakra Gita.

“Thoughts do not come from outside..neither the feelings nor images. They come from the soul and go back to the soul-always within the soul”.

On Knowledge he says - "Knowledge is the very fabric of experience".

To answer the question “What is truth?”, Kalam says “Truth is the discipline of the ascetic,the quest of the mystic,the faith of the simple,the ransom of the weak,the standard of the righteous,the doctrine of the meek,the challenge of the mature”.

Talking about globalisation, he says -"The universal power never judges nor criticises. It only accepts us at our own value".

About general human thought process, Dr Kalam says-"What do you think? Are not all your thoughts subjective? Examine your thoughts closely and you will see that they are either desires or fears. Then, there is a polarisation of me and not me. what else?"

I think this book is a must read for someone interested in learning and has a yearning for knowledge ...

No comments: